The power to help drive society forward is within all of us. Each person has it within them to make an impact on society in their own way. Here at Secret Entourage we believe that innovation comes from people, people wanting to make a difference, and therefore created a site dedicated to bringing all those people together and giving them a voice to help inspire others. We believe that entrepreneurship is an art that can help individuals bring value to those around them ultimately helping to bring about the true purpose of our own potential.

The very beginnings of success for me...

My Success:

Hey Secret Entourage my name is Jiran and I just recently found your great site about two weeks ago I have been reading a lot and it has really opened my eyes. The success I want to talk about is not really about me but my amazing parents who I believe deserve more than what they have now. I am a student at University of Colorado majoring in Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science. I am 18 years old.

My story starts a long time ago in my mothercountry, my dad was a neurosurgeon and my mom a chemist, when I was 3 my family began to get harassment from the country because of our background they believed we didn't deserve to be treated as equal to the other citizens and my family began to get threats, so my parents decided they didn't want me to live a life like this they wanted me to have freedom and be able to live out my own dreams. So they decided it was time to run away so late in the night we escaped.Crossing the border and having our lives at risk many times we eventually reached Turkey. We lived there for a year until my parents could get a visa to come to America.

When I was 4 we reached The United States as Refugees and we got our first opportunity to live the American dream. My parents started out with nothing but 40 dollars in their pocket and broken English. They started from nothing all over again and life was so hard for us. But one thing still lay within and it was their passion for me and to help me live an amazing life so they worked two jobs while taking night classes to learn better English. They went back to school and they earned their degrees again and to keep this story short what happened in 15 years time my parents went back up. My dad had a hard time becoming a doctor again with all the rules against foreigners and so he had to change direction and has just began real estate it has been hard on him because he keeps trying to be a neurosurgeon again but with all these regulations it is becoming impossible with him so he is now also working to earn his MBA in healthcare. My mom went back to school and became a dentist. Our story is very long so it is really had to summarize everything I just wanted to really talk about the success my family has achieved so far. We went from 40 dollars to over a hundred thousand a year it is not much right now but we are still working on it and trying our hardest everyday and I know we will go much further. I plan to take what I have learned so far and during this summer start my own business and help my family earn more and live an even better life. I just wanted to share the amazing struggles my family had to overcome in order for me to live a better life and the obstacles that they will continue to overcome. To me cars are everything since the age of 2 I could name every car we walked by and could even tell some by sound and for graduation my parents helped me with my passion and got me a cts-v that I have built for a year now. I just wanted to share a piece of my story because I am so incredibly appreciative and proud of who I am and where I come from! At 18 I have been able to experience things many haven't thanks to my amazing family! I hope to be able to message you again in a few years and talk about my own success and how far I have gone.

Thank you for reading I have attached a picture of me earning my first trophy for best domestic at a local car show for my car and a picture of the car I have worked on!Photo credit for cars goes to Aaron Fanselow and Photocredit of me goes to Jason Peckovitch.

The quote I have lived by is from my dad, "For Love not money!" and "You never know if you will come home the minute you leave your doorstep so never forget to think about your dreams everyday, never extinguish your fiery passion and never ever give up when you lose your confidence just look around you and know everything here was built by people that had an idea or a passion and never gave in instead they fought to make it a reality, always push forward for every no it is one step closer to a yes and for every failure it is just another step towards success, find confidence in yourself and believe in yourself you are the most important person to make things happen not those around they are simply guides, don't forget where your heart and brain lie and always keep a smile lit up!"-my great dad

Thank you and keep up the great work and advice!

Jiran
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you for sharing Jiran. Glad to have had you join us. We have a lot more in common than you know.

Good story Jiran. Much success and health to your family. Majoring in mechanical engineering and computer science is no easy feat either. I'm sure you'll do just fine in life and be able to repay your parents 10x over

Great to hear from another mechanical engineer. It seems like you have the drive to be successful with those double majors and in the other areas of your life.

Keep pushing man. I wish I was motivated enough to become double major. A bs in ME and CS is no joke. Best of luck to you on the way. I am sure that your parents are more than proud of you and your accomplishments.

Thanks guys! funny enough I have become a full time CS major, I woke up realizing that I wanted to follow my first passion the whole way through, before I was dividing 50% to each major but now I am at 100% full force in CS and I love it. Being around cars is what keeps me sane out of school though and I don't think that part of me will ever leave. My passion for Cars ignite my fuel and being a CS major are my wheels to go even further! I am actually working on intertwining my two passions together!

Great story, you have the drive for success.

Great story, hope you can fulfill all your dreams! Keep at it!

Great story Jiran. I can relate to it somewhat since my mom and I also immigrated from Vietnam with next to nothing. I love the paragraph at the end too, very motivational. Success and nothing less to you and yours man!
    See You At The Top

What a fantastic Story, not only that of your parents, but your own as well. With that kind of example you will surely embody the American dream! and from your story, those of us who are born here can understand what it feels like to be truly hungry for success! If you havent read Dons story yet, make sure you do

Best of Luck!!
    -Ross

"Seek first to understand - then to be understood" Habit #5 - Steven R Covey

It is truly a privilege to have fighter-parents such as yours because it is in your DNA to never give up until you succeed.
    Best luck with everything!
    BE THE CHANGE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN THE WORLD - Ghandi

somehow I never read this thread. Thanks for sharing your familes experience and there ability to keep pushing forward.