90/1/100 Challenge - Usama K. from VA

Dear SE Community,

This will be my second post here on the forums and this forum will be where i keep Secret Entourage updated on my 90/1/100 Challenge progress. For the past 16 days I've been using Instagram to keep them posted but they requested i post on the forums. So here I am! Day 16 has been completed. Day 17 tomorrow. Also if any of you want to chat on here feel free to. Meeting new like-minded individuals is exciting! Thank you and enjoy.

-Usama

I haven't been able to post but that doesn't mean i missed days on the challenge. i Successfully completed days 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21 today. So it's going well. 2100 push-ups!!!!! i have never done so many in my life! i'm getting used to the routine but i should start to run during the day. I usually do during the night and I don' like that habit. So this challenge will be mine! Thanks for reading and stay tuned.

glad you are making it...how do you feel?

Focused, but my focus is being diverted by doubts. but that's normal.

it sure is, keep it up...

Decided to get into this challenge on Sat. Started at 7:40am, decided I'd do 10 pushups, then 10 situps, then recover (I've never consistently done either, and haven't done any strenght work for over 6 months). Did 50 of each, then went for a run (5km as I'm more into running). Then back to complete the second 50.

Well I ended up finishing at 9:15! OMG I found it extremely hard. I wanted to continue on Sun morning, but I couldn't even do 1 pushup or situp let alone 100, I was SO sore. Monday now, still pretty sore. I really want to do this, but I guess I'll have to start with less and work my way up.

Anyone else had this issue?
    Last edited by The Don; 12-01-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Well I hadn't worked in 2 years since I tore every ligament in my left ankle. Maybe don't jump around so much. Go for a run and then attack the pushups and then the situps. When I started I started doing sets of 10 as well. I'm also more of a runner but since i hadn't worked out in so long I took it easy on my run and just did 1 mile so I had enough energy to complete the rest of the workout. The first ten days were definitely ALL mental. Now it's getting mental again as I'm on day 42 right now. I want to get some video proof up somehow. Don't quit.
    Last edited by LOT1UK; 12-26-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezgo View Post
    Decided to get into this challenge on Sat. Started at 7:40am, decided I'd do 10 pushups, then 10 situps, then recover (I've never consistently done either, and haven't done any strenght work for over 6 months). Did 50 of each, then went for a run (5km as I'm more into running). Then back to complete the second 50.

Well I ended up finishing at 9:15! OMG I found it extremely hard. I wanted to continue on Sun morning, but I couldn't even do 1 pushup or situp let alone 100, I was SO sore. Monday now, still pretty sore. I really want to do this, but I guess I'll have to start with less and work my way up.

Anyone else had this issue?

No bud, all at once...no gradual. If you sore, deal with it and get it done. The whole point is to be uncomfortable the whole way mentally and physically.

Guys I am glad to say I'm on day 65. I haven't done it yet because unfortunately there is a bone sticking out of my wrist. I did some research and it seems to be the scaphoid bone. It makes doing 100 hundred push-ups quite painful. I could still do them but I rather not damage myself. I really want to finish the challenge. It's been rough and I feel like I've come to far to quit. Some days I ran at 3 AM, Some nights I ran at 4, and some nights i didnt sleep and had to do it before with 30 minutes to get to school on time. I have put in a WHOLE lot of dedication and commitment into this and I don't want to stop now. Plus I am completely against the idea of quitting but I've been injured before and not playing it 'safe' has gotten me hurt on another level. I usually don't feel the pain as it isn't popping out of my skin but is pushing out. These past 3 days I've been going light because even typing this brings a pain. Any suggestions? I'll ask SE on Insta but was just updating you guys.

The challenge is over. Anybody want to beat 65 days?! Well 64 days really, today was supposed to be day 65. It's winter which makes it more fun haha. Everything is easier if you enjoy it so enjoy the workout, the struggle, and the cold a** runs. 6400 mf push ups. That's insane. Hard to believe i would've done 9000 by the end of the challenge! I'M COMING BACK FOR IT. I' am a man of my word. So don't take that statement lightly. In reality this challenge was freaking awesome. the first 20 days were the worst and the best. It's when the constant routine and workout are literally burning the lazy part of your heart out. you start to build a hustle muscle and discipline and that's incredible. You can really feel it. The challenge really does attack the mind more than the body. Most peoples mind will struggle like hell to keep up but if you use sheer willpower to push through you become something short of unbreakable. Work hard on the challenge people. It's worth it! 5 star challenge.
    Last edited by LOT1UK; 12-26-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Nice work Lot1uk. 64 days is amazing! As you say, it's all about discipline.

I still want to get this one done, but it's gonna take some time. I'm using 2 apps to build up to this, a pushup and sit-up one. I'm currently alternating one day pushups, the next sit-ups. Currently doing week 3, it's a 6 week program, although I'm gonna end up taking longer with the pushups. I reckon the important thing is not to give up. Just keep doing something positive to move towards this goal each day, if it takes a year to get these 90 days done so be it. I've also been running every day for the last week, planning on keeping that up ongoing, minimum 2km / day although I normally do around 5.

I track my runs on Strava. Follow me at http://www.strava.com/athletes/4704451

Good luck all!