Assistance required - turning sadness into opportunity!

I have been an automotive technician apprentice for nearly 3.5 years, I just got told now that they won't keep me as a qualified technician. I am extremely scared, I want to work for myself, and always wanted to start my own workshop exclusive for lamborghini and audi.
    But the struggle is, I have other interests, like I.T. and fitness. I want to know what they're like before I will go ahead with opening the workshop.
    I am just so scared and worried about the future atm, it's a massive cloud of uncertainty, and I want to make a change myself and work for myself. This is the point which I believe would start my entrepreneurship. Has anyone ever been through this situation before? I would like to hear your story and know that I'm not the only one that has felt some thing this scary before. Thank you!

While I dont share in the experiences of your story, are your other interests really things you want to do for a living? Would you drop everything if you could become a fitness instructor or open a gym?

As for IT, you will definitely need those skill in those areas when opening a new automotive shop. If you can do all of that stuff in house then you already save yourself from having other people come and get you setup. So for that aspect you can pretty much combine both of those interests and still work towards making the shop successful. The biggest thing for a opening a shop is having that initial capital to help get started. Having worked as an appreciate, were you able to accumulate enough saving to help you find and lease a new location and get other qualified technicians? If you are not quite ready to take that step then find another job, if you are indeed let go, where you can continue to hone your skills while you work towards that ultimate goal.

Fitness has always been a thing with me, I dedicate myself to work out at 4.30 in the morning, I have always had a thing for I.T., I was thinking should I put myself into fitness and/or I.T. field to give myself environments which I know what it's all about first? Like putting myself into "uncomfortable" environments to improve myself?
    I keep reading that you gotta be willing to change and be uncomfortable most of the time to improve, so I wasn't sure if it was a good option for me at the time. Thank you!! ��

What your saying is certainly true and if you want to throw yourself into those worlds and see how you fare and give yourself that time to improve you may find yourself changing what your career goals are. Jumping in and starting your own business/company at this point without testing the waters is probably more risk than you would want to take, but finding out if that really is a passion of yours by getting into the world will certainly help clarify things for you.

Often times people have interests and want to pursue them so badly, then once they try them they realize it isnt for them. These types of epiphanies are great because they help you sort out your goals based on early expectations you set in your mind. If you are comfortable in the IT world and want to test the waters and see where you can go and what you can learn, then by all means jump in. Find a position local to you and go at it hard and really push towards the areas that you want to be in. The closer you can get to those positions the more you will know if that is where you want to take yourself and potentially your money in starting your own venture.

Wow, thanks so much scott!! Changing careers is something different but your right, it could possibly change what business I would run. Thank so much scott, it is great pleasure to have this wisdom and knowledge from you

I started GreensboroSpeed with $1000 and no car. I won't say its successful yet, as we are still very green, but we are growing nonetheless. I am alone, and rent a bay from another shop that I used to WORK FOR. It is an insane learning curve, the uncertainty is sheer terror, and I honestly almost threw up when I thought about my kids not being able to eat, and being my fault. Then I realized its my fault either way, its MORE uncertain to wonder if the guy you work for is savvy enough to keep your job afloat. If I fail, I change to adapt. If I fail big time, my kids go hungry, and that's not going to happen. I too want to move into exotics, I'm actually already working it out and have worked a deal with a relocating Ferrari shop. "If you think you will fail or succeed, you're right."

Feel free to call me if you want to talk. Pm for number.