Question Whats Your Calling?

Trying to figure out my "passion" and what I love to do.. Sounds crazy that I feel like I don't know EXACTLY what I want to do when I am out of college. Working for my family, although the money is there, wouldn't be something I want to get up and do with passion everyday. Not sure if others have came across this in your own life, but self help books only go so far.

Any thoughts, tips, ideas, help/guides would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

The majority of the time you will see that your passions relate directly to your hobbies. You have a hobby for a reason and thus you are passionate about it. In order to make a hobby a job you also need to possess skills that make you valuable in that particular area. What do you currently do for work? What are some of your hobbies that you feel strongly you are really good at? Do any of those skills mix with what you currently do? What did you study in college? Is that still an interest to pursue that field?

That's a good way to think of it. Thank you for that perspective. Like I said in my introduction, I've played sports my whole life and now that I want to get into business I feel like I'm not sure exactly what I want to do. I am learning about finance and stock market in school which is very interesting to me so maybe I will go down that road

That is definitely a big area to jump into, but can be extremely lucrative if done right. Start following a few finance blogs, forbes.com has a good section, and try downloading the new trading app Robin Hood. I think you might need to be invited, but check it out because its 0% commissions and can be a good way to jump in and get your feet wet.

Okay thank you for the advice. I will check it out