They don't like what I'm saying, but I don't like where they're staying

Hello everyone,
    I've ran into a dilemma between my two good friends. Both of them are trying to fight against my words of encouragement.
    I'm trying to build a company with one of them, and explain to him the use of his time and if he wants this to happen, we need to start working on it. He wants to put it off, but what's the results to come at the same time. Obviously it doesn't work like that, but he doesn't seem to understand. He's in the middle of reading TCT, so I'm hoping that will open his eyes. If it doesn't, what should I do? Stop affiliating with him and create my own business plan? I have another product I could work on, which he hasn't become involved with.

My other friend is always trying to fight a clear perspective. He is always trying to find ways around what I am saying. It's like he can't accept the fact that what I am saying is right. He's been someone who helped me through a really difficult time in my life. I'm past that now, but is it bad to allow him to still be hanging on since he hasn't changed? I just feel like I'd be an ass to just drop him out of my life.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Hope everyone is having a great day/night.

3rd & 5th points probably relate a lot to your situation.

In fact they do, actually all but one point play roles in my life right now. Thank you, that was great!

In my opinion, the only people you owe anything to in life are yourself, your spouse and children. I believe in loyalty, but not if it detracts from your life. You owe it to yourself to surround yourself by people who support you. This doesn't mean that you need yes men around. Good supporters will challenge you, but in a positive way. I have dropped a lot of people out of my life and I am better off. It is a part of doing whatever it takes.