Is Meditation Essential To Business

Hello all,
    i have been going back and forth about if meditation is essential for business, since some business leaders do it on a daily basis and other don't. I have been thinking about taking up meditation (i'm actually going to try it for the first time after I post this thread) since I am always jumbled with the stress of trying to figure out where i'm going in life. I just wanted anyone's opinion on the matter, or if someone who has done meditation for awhile and has any feedback on how it helped them.

Thanks!

I think its a per person type of thing. For some it helps, for others they need to get out and go for a run or read a book, etc. If you have never tried it, then certainly give it a shot and see what works for you. The key is that you need to make sure that after the activity completes that you are in a better state of mind than before and can return to a productive state.

Hello scott.caron,
    I agree with you that it is a per person thing since everyone has their own way of relaxing. I finished meditating for the first time and I did feel a bit more relaxed than when I started, so I am going to keep at it for the next few days or weeks and officially see if it right for me.

Hi Guys

On a personal level, I have been meditating consistently for around 2 and a half years and I have noticed a dramatic shift in my mindset and most importantly, my mood.

Meditation is becoming a much more common practice and the benefits are incredible. It is no wonder so many top business people and performers use meditation in some form.

If you want to find out more, visit www.omvana.com where you can download a host of free meditation tracks. (There is no affiliate code on the URL).

Having studied many top performers, one of their daily routines is to meditate first thing in the morning.
    I would suggest you give yourself 4-6 weeks to really notice a difference. Just remember there is no right or wrong. You may find that thoughts try to interrupt but just notice them and let them drift by.

Good luck and I hope you gain something from trying it out.

Glenn

Hey yourse1f,

I did meditate for quite some time and had dramatic changes in my calmness, my patience and my mood.
    How to deal with so called "stressful" situations comes off to be much more easy and less stressful, because when you find yourself you will immediately see changes in how you approach challenges and difficult situations.

Even if it is just 10 minutes every morning it is a great start in the day.
    I prefer to do 10-20 minutes of workout every morning to get the blood circulation running, breakfast and shower.
    After the shower I sit down and meditate for about 10-20 minutes. That gets me mentally ready for the day.
    But it is important for me to wash, clean, shower before and have Zen meditation music going.

Give it a try for a longer period and you will find yourself and your character in a peaceful state.

That's just my 2 cents

I have been meditating on and off for about 4 years. I got back into it last month and have been doing 10-15 minutes every day. I can definitely see difference in my thoughts and feelings throughout the day. I have ADHD and anything that can keep me more centered during the day is a win.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing how it works out for you.

There are tons of great apps out there. Guided Meditation is good for beginners as it helps redirect your focus back to your breathing when you mind starts to wonder.

As someone who actively meditates, on the journey for 22 years, I can say meditation is essential to establishing an inner peace of mind and resiliency for daily living. Training the mind in this way makes you more prepared to control emotions, heighten intuition and endows with the mental reserves to handle crisis and bigger challenges that tend to come with business leadership. Highly recommended.