Clothing Line!!!!

Anybody in the fashion industry or someone that started a clothing brand. If you could please give me any tips or anything to help me out on how to kickstart a clothing brand. Especially on how to get the first few products manufactured to get it going. Thanks!!!

I don't own a clothing line, but we do sell some apparel of our own. As for manufacturing, you can use teespring.com and not have to spend any money upfront. You upload your design, advertise it, & if you pre-sell enough they print them, ship them, & send you the profit. If you don't pre-sell enough in your campaign, teespring won't print them & you're not out any money. Something that I have taken away from apparel is, people want to buy something other people are wearing. They are looking for validation in clothing & apparel. It is not a need driven business. Chances are most people already own clothes, they don't NEED to buy your clothes. You have to make them want it by seeing other people (influencers, celebs, top individuals in your niche) wearing it. This is why brands like Young & Reckless were able to accelerate to the top, Drama was on the MTV show "Fantasy Factory" at the time & members of the show were constantly wearing the brand on screen. Same for the brand "Trukfit" owned by Lil Wayne, the apparel is featured in his videos & appearances.

May not be the best advice, but its a start & gives a little direction.
    -T
    Last edited by n2dcustoms; 06-12-2016 at 07:08 PM.

I am currently doing apparel myself and I know it sounds pretty unrealistic, but I just went to Custom Ink, uploaded my design, and only had them print about 10 shirts. Through these 10 shirts, I literally gave them to my friends (yes losing out on money initially) resulting in a upfront, good advertising. This initial loss in money actually helped me find out how strong the market likes my designs. Through the feedback I got from the friends wearing the shirts, I released my designs to the public, ultimately gaining.
    Just a little bit different strategy than n2dcustoms approach, but still help me gain personally.
    Hope this helps!
    -Harrison

i am also looking to start a fitness clothing line, i will definitly check teespring.com

fitness clothing

i am looking to create a fitness clothing line. Anyone have some tips that they can share on how to start a clothing line especially a fitness one

I plan on starting an upcoming fitness brand. I have the idea and design up front but don't know how to trademark/copyright everything into my name. Anyone know any legit websites or companies that don't ask for a lot of money and make things easy as possible ? Thanks

Being aware of latest fashion is not enough as most people think of jumping into this business. You need to have a sharp business mind to survive in today's competitive world and clothing business is no different. You have to have very clear idea about your target market and you must promote your business accordingly.

Hi everyone, it would be great if we could create a group of people interested/ invloved in the clothing business to help share ideas and tips, let me know your thoughts? James