To All The Procrastinators:

You're not going to be able to learn to swim by reading. Most of the experience comes from actually submerging yourself into it. Just a small reminder.

Just one last question: How much time do you spend beating around the bush than actually doing?

For me its 90/10

I need to start doing. I urge you to all do the same.
    -Karen

Any money is better than no money. Go out and explore, learn to hustle

This is my method for getting out of the 'beating around the bush' scenario. Start with a list of very short & easy tasks, projects or parts of projects... 15 minutes max per item. Then find something that you really like to do that is also 15 minutes max (like browse the forum). Go back and forth between the two with a timer (so now at least your at 50/50 productivity...better than 90/10). I find once I get started into a project I finally get over that hump of getting started and often end up hitting almost 100% productivity. Like Mary Poppins says 'Well begun is half done.'
    -Karen

See also: Pomodoro Technique.
    -Karen

I personally haven't had success with list making. I really do feel that it is beneficial because I am doing something, but the thing is I will spend time polishing and building lists of tasks as a way to procrastinate from working on more important tasks.

In theory 50/50 productivity is great. In reality, I'm just quite there yet even when trying to implement a strategy such as Pomodoro.

Interesting Thought: When I really do try to just focus on work and doing what is important my brain feels like it needs something else to focus on and I don't feel productive.

I actually feel like I do the same amount of work as if I had a few hours off, then panic because its the end of the day and rush through everything else.

I just wish I could have that work ethic that I get when in panic mode and utilize that 24/7. I think I'd burn out really quickly but the work I could get through would be immense!

I left all of my work until the last minute but at least it's finished but it's now 8am and I am yet to sleep, thanks brain.
    -Karen