Float Tank Meditation

I think this is an incredible mindset tool.

I started floating about 3 months ago (at float centers) and use it for relaxation, problem solving and creativity.

I can't even begin to explain the benefits. It will change your life. This is for athletes, for business minded people, for psychonauts.

The self improvements to me far surpasses mediation. It puts you in the theta state and keeps you there without falling asleep. This is the state where your mind is most receptive. Used for super learning, self improvement and many other things

They say one hour in the tank is like 5 hrs sleep.

The relaxation I can't even explain. The stress relief is incredible. This is a great tool.

Has anybody here used a float tank before or other forms of meditation?

-Karen

Very interesting, I'd love to try it!

If you haven't before, go floating!!

If you can't splurge on a $20,000 tank for yourself... go rent one for a few hours and try it! I've only floated once, but had an incredibly rejuvenating time. They allow your mind and inner dialogue to disconnect from your body, and go into some unexplored internal places. I found I become way more in tune with my body after the float as well, noticing small details like my resting heartrate and minor aches or discomforts I would never normally notice.

During the float, it took me a little while (~20 to 30 minutes) to really feel comfortable in the new environment and start letting go of my body... what I found was that I would fall onto trains of thought that drove by themselves, without my mind being active at a normal level... then I would 'snap back' to being totally present in my body again, realizing where I was and what I was doing. I think Joe Rogan talks about "layers of the onion" in the video above, and it probably takes some practice to get to the deep layers... but that's likely where the fun really begins!
    -Karen

Thanks for the recommendation, Karen.

I just bought a session on Groupon for a for a place nearby. There's not many in Atlanta, surprisingly.

It's like a shortcut in meditation.

People practice meditation to get and stay in theta state as long as possible.

People practice meditation for 20 years to get to what a handful of floats can bring you.

Problem with mediation is you can easily fall asleep... with floating, you don't easily fall asleep. I have done over 50 floats in last few months and have yet to fall asleep.

Total relaxation, clear mind.
    -Karen

I've used tanks before and actually need to go again. It is a life changing experience and one in which I'd greatly recommend. I don't like to influence others experience with a vivid description but I highly suggest going for a float every now and then. Steph Curry and Draymond Green actually go often as it helps with their game. You can find them primarily at physical therapy facilities with some people even renting their own out.