Need some motivation? 10 Nuggets of Inspiration for Entrepreneurs for This Week
We've all been there: Whether your business is running like a dream or experiencing a few hiccups, there are days when you're just not feeling it. Need a motivational boost to get you through the week? Here, I've culled 10 of my favorite quotes, stories and creative exercises designed to get those juices flowing.
1. "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." Milton Berle, comedian
2. Trying to carve out your own unique vision in a world of entrepreneurial spirit? Try this: Ask yourself what the most successful, inspirational business leaders would do. Then do something they'd never even consider.
3."If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you've launched too late."- Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn
4. Even if you're already doing the work you love, procrastination doesn't have to be a dirty word. After all, giving your brain a rest is among the best methods for solving a problem. This week, take a series of 15-minute procrastination breaks, but find fresh ways to spend the time. Fly a kite. Climb a tree. Wander the local market, or drive down a street you've never seen. You might just come back to work with a solution to the issue that's been nagging you for months.
5. Nearly every business owner views Walt Disney as a paragon of success, but did you know that some of his most famous ventures teetered on the brink of collapse? ?Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs saved his animation studio from bankruptcy, and Disneyland which was predicted to fail by nearly every analyst at the time, almost bankrupted the studio again. Disney's commitment to creative vision and unique experiences ultimately made him the dictionary definition of the American Dream, but it took a ton of steely resolve to get there.
6. "When you have exhausted all your possibilities, remember this: You haven't."- Thomas Edison, inventor
7. Even seriously successful companies experience missteps and back slides. The lifestyle website Refinery 29 made a major push for e-commerce only to discover that they simply weren't so great at it. Rather than continue to do CPR on a failing venture, they killed the commerce offerings and created an aggressive plan that combined advertising, editorial and incredible content. Agility is the name of the game.
8. "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose." -Bill Gates
9. We've all heard this blue-sky mantra: What would you do if you could not fail? Today, make a list of five things you'd try if you were guaranteed to succeed. Hang the list in your office, and use it to inspire your everyday ideas and decisions.
10. How many times have you woken up on Monday morning and wished desperately that you could rewind back to Saturday? It only takes a quick switch of thought patterns to transform Mondays from dreaded weekend ruiners to exciting opportunities. If we dedicated each Monday to an exciting pursuit, we could all accomplish a world of amazing things. You have 260 Mondays over the next five years. What will you do with them?
Last edited by TheBatman; 11-01-2016 at 09:37 PM.