Thread: future biz idea

future biz idea

Firearms have always been in my life, either its hunting or just target shooting. I'm currently living in a small town which is relatively close to a large populated city. throughout the city I have found out that their is not a single indoor firing range. except a small one that only alows handguns. I knew that it would be a great business opportunity but Im not too familiar with what legal roadblocks I could run into. As Im considering the property, structure, and advertisiment. Id like to get some feedback on what I need to consider to make sure its profitable and at the best ability to please the community. Thank you for your time
    -Ben

Hey Ben

From the sounds of it, you need to look into doing a little market research. Every community is different, with different likes, wants, needs and demographics. Only community members living in your specific region can tell you the best way to please them.

With regards to the legal side of the business:

Shooting range regulations mandated by federal, state or municipal laws should be addressed first. Your range must comply with Environmental Protection Agency regulations, as well as those written by other agencies concerned with conservation and environmental issues. Specifically, shooting range noise limits, safety precautions and, importantly, the adverse impact of lead bullets on soil around outdoor shooting ranges are all topics that must be addressed when you draw up your ranges regulations. If you have no legal council or oversight on your shooting range business team, contact the National Rifle Association or the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

Hopefully that helps

thank you batman

I appreciate the feedback and I will definitely look into looking over the regulations and demographics

No worries, happy to assist, let us know if you need any more help