Question Single page for testing your product - help and thought thread

***Mods - My apologies if this is already out there**

Alright guys and gals,
    Pejman talks about setting up a single landing page with a single button option to see if your product will gain traction before its even made.

I have started talking to manufacturers about my product and am going to set this up. Please feel free to comment, post your page or journey, constructively criticize mine or other's pages, and of course ask questions.

I purchase my domain name through GoDaddy for $2 including a donation to charity.

*FIRST TOPIC*

Now one way, we don't want to take people's money just yet (more on that in a second), so I'm going to build the page with a button that says "Get on the wait list!" and simply tally up interest without commitment.

OR

We go ahead and take their money in holding like kickstarter does? If so, what would we use to set that up, a website, plugin, etc? That could provide great cashflow at a single click, should you deem your product worthy of production. So the button may say "Pre-Order your's now!"

*COMMENT BELOW*

I will update this with pictures and findings as i go along...

So here it is:
    First attempt, feel free to criticize and suggest

www.patriothitchusa.com

Did you start manufacturing and selling yet? This is actually an interesting concept that I could see take off pretty well. Does anything like this exist? I see a lot of kids driving around with flags taped up to their trucks, and it looks hideous.

The only way I'm gonna pre-pay for something is if they are doing a kickstarter or indiegogo, but if its on their own site (like yours) I'm more inclined to just fill out a wait list thing, assuming it has a date when they are ready to sell.