Lightbulb Other company beat me to it, but what if...

Hi there, I haven't been on in a really long time. In the past I was working on a online lottery app (WinInNumbers) that would let you play with other people and purchase tickets online. It turns out that with the current laws in my state I wouldn't be able to do it as intended. I hired a fellow from here after watching his video interview and I believe along with others was swindled a bit in the process. The guys name was Adam Arellano, I ended up paying him thousands for what I could have had 99Designs do for a few hundred. Oh well, this is all in the past now.

Recently about a year ago a new company launched and got around $2.4M in funding that was essentially the same thing that I had been working on. It's name is AutoLotto. Its only running in the states where it is legal to do so. I have an idea but would like to get input from you guys about it, the original idea of mine has always been in the back of my mind and I often find myself making it better all the time. I have an idea that I believe would make them money hand over fist if implemented in their product and its something that they are not doing now. What I am wondering is how would I go about telling them the idea meanwhile protecting me from getting screwed over and them just doing it and leaving me out.

Any input would help, Ive been thinking a lot about this lately and think that I just need to do something about it. This is my first step.

Do it first. It will be much more valuable and they will reach out to you.

Stop thinking and get going.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomsouth View Post
    Do it first. It will be much more valuable and they will reach out to you.

Stop thinking and get going.
    Can’t, it’s illegal in my state. Online gambling laws.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGameMaker View Post
    Can?t, it?s illegal in my state. Online gambling laws.
    I am not an attorney but would you be able to create the corporation in another state or the same state that the other company operates in?

I can't answer that question, but it seems like it's something you could pull off, as long as whatever company is operating/registered in. Please talk to an attorney for this.

In regards to the idea, I'd say run full bore with your full idea and at least you can be a competitor if not bought out by them. Competition works! If you start pulling market share, they will notice you.