Clothing Brand (in Canada) Domain Name help

Hi Guys,

I have a clothing brand idea that ive been kicking around for a while and want to put into action. Unfortunately, the domain I want is gone.

what is everyone's opinion on a ".com" domain, versus say, ".biz", ".ca" or ".clothing" etc. Are there benefits for trying to spend the money on the .com or would one of the other extensions work?

Right now, my domain name would just be the name of my brand idea, UpNorth.com. Are there benefits/drawbacks on adding words to the name, such as upnorthapparel or upnorthbrand etc.

This is all fairly new/foreign stuff to me. im not a tech guy at all. any feedback would be hugely appreciated (and could possibly save me some money).

Cheers

Spend the money on the .com. A few extra dollars upfront can go along way in your visibility in theIt is the tried and true domain extension. A few extra dollars upfront can go along way in your visibility in the future. From a growth standpoint, I'd expect that not all of your customers will be Canadian, right?

Just my 2 cents.